« ÎnapoiContinuați »
Copyright, 1951, by Christian E. Burckel
Manufactured in the United States of America
Printed by Universal Lithographers Bound by Moore & Co.
The data presented in these pages were gathered in the fall of 1950 by a research staff employed by Christian E. Burckel and Associates of Yonkers, N. Y., with the cooperation of the United Nations Department of Public Information.
The biographees included in WHO'S WHO IN THE UNITED NATIONS were selected either because of (1) their positions in one of the organs of the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies, or (2) the significance of the function which they are performing or have performed. In the first group are:
(1) Representatives, alternates and members of delegations to the Fifth General Assembly.
(2) Permanent representatives and other members of permanent delegations to the United Nations, with the diplomatic rank of second secretary or its equivalent, and upwards. This category also includes all persons serving in representative or advisory capacities with the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the Trusteeship Council, the Military Staff Committee, the Atomic Energy Commission, the Commission for Conventional Armaments and their subsidiary bodies.
(3) Members of the International Court of Justice.
(4) Members of the Secretariat of the United Nations, from the rank of Chief of Section, or its equivalent, upwards.
(5) Delegates and alternates to the representative bodies of Specialized Agencies; members of the executive bodies of these agencies and members of the Secretariats, from levels comparable to Chief of Section, upwards.
(6) Persons serving in representative capacities and with the Secretariat of the various special commissions and committees and other subsidiary bodies of the United Nations.
The second group comprise the foreign ministers of United Nations Members and those persons who had a significant part in the conferences leading to the formal organization of the United