« ÎnapoiContinuă »
OF THE QUARTER'S
The Lord will not cast off His people.—PSALM xciv. 14.
BLESSED are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.Luke xi. 28.
The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.—Jeremiah viii. 20.
Will ye not receive instruction to hearken to My words ? Jeremiah xxxv. 13.
Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.-Jeremiah xxix. 13. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking
7 heed thereto, according to Thy word.-Psalm cxix. 9.
Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us.—Daniel iii. 17.
Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting:Daniel v.
27. They praised the Lord because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.—Ezra iii. 11.
Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.Psalm cviii. 12.
Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law.-Psalm cxix. 18.
And so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.—Esther iv. 16.
. The Lord will not cast off His people.-Psalm xciv. 14.
PUBLICATIONS OF THE SUNDAY SCHOOL UNION
BEARING ON THE UNIFORM LESSON.
And their connection with the International System. 1. That the Scholars may be examined in what they have been taught during the preceding three months, one afternoon in each quarter is set apart for a Review Lesson.
2. The Golden Text is designed to be a Motto or Key Text, embodying the leading truth, and therefore especially suited for learning by heart. Together with the Golden Text the scholar should be encouraged to learn3. The Lesson Verse for each Sunday morning and afternoon. It consists of four, six, or eight lines of poetry (mostly the verse of a hymn), teaching the great truth of the Lesson.
4. Notes on the Lessons are issued monthly (a month in advance). These provide, for each morning and afternoon, explanatory, expository, and practical observations on the appointed subjects, with brief Hints on the Infant Class Texts. 5. A Pocket Lesson Book is issued quarterly, containing for each Sunday morning and afternoon the Subject, Golden Text, and Lesson Verse, with, in connection with the Afternoon Lessons, a portion of Bible reading for every day in the week, such portion having a bearing on the next Sunday's Lesson.
6. Pictorial Lesson Papers—intended to be distributed to the Scholars a week in advance. They contain (for Afternoon) the Golden Text, Lesson Verse, Home Readings, Home Questions, Brief Explanations, and a Pictorial Illustration. They are designed to promote Bible Study at home. 7. The International Lesson Leaflets for Senior Scholars and Bible Class. The great success of the Pictorial Lesson Papers for Junior Classes, together with the need felt by many Senior Class Teachers for a similar series adapted to the requirements of Elder Scholars, have led to the issue of a series especially designed to meet the case. These Leaflets are printed on tinted paper, and contain the Text of the Lessons, the References for Home Readings, the Golden Text and Lesson Verses, besides explanatory matter and questions thereupon.
8. Scripture Lesson Book for Elementary Classes, published quarterly. A selection from the reading portion for each Morning and
Afternoon. 9. Scripture Texts for Infant Classes. Very Large Type. Monthly. Consisting of two Scripture Texts, chosen for each Sunday, always relating to the appointed subjects for the day.
10. The Teacher's Pocket Book and Sunday School Teacher's Diary ; valuable for Notes, Memoranda, and for the continuous gathering of daily anecdote and illustration-of Biblical and general information, &c. &c., all designed to aid the weekly preparation of teachers for the efficient instruction and training of their respective classes.
11. The Sunday School Teacher's Class Register, published annually, containing a Calendar, List of Scripture Lessons for the entire year, Ruled Pages for the Weekly Attendance of the Scholars, and of the cash received from them for Books, &c.; together with several useful Tables, Jewish Weights and Measures, Jewish Calendar, &c. The Smaller Class Register contains a List of Lessons and Ruled Pages for the Weekly Attendance of Scholars.
12. The International Daily Text Book for 1886. A handy little book for Teachers and Scholars, containing the Reference for Home Readings for each Day in the Year, a Daily Text for the Year, and each Sunday's Golden Text from the International Lessons.
13. The International Golden Text, issued quarterly, 13 in a packet, printed in very large type, for hanging on the walls of schools from week to week.
BIBLICAL TREASURY OF EXPOSITIONS AND
ILLUSTRATIONS. NEW TESTAMENT SERIES. The Volumes containing Matthew ; Mark, Luke, and John ; Hebrews to Revelation.
Cloth boards, 2s. each volume.
OLD TESTAMENT SERIES. The Volumes containing Joshua, Judges, Ruth, I. and II. Samuel ; I. and II, Kings, I. and II. Chronicles, and Ezra.
Cloth boards, 2s. each volume.
OUTLINE LESSONS FOR JUNIOR CLASSES ON
THE LIFE OF OUR LORD.
Large post 8vo, 3s. 6d.
THE FIRST THREE KINGS OF ISRAEL, BY ROBERT TUCK, B.A. Crown 8vo, cloth boards, marbled edges, 3s.
THE KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH. BY REV. S. G. GREEN, D.D.
Cloth boards, marbled edges, 3s.
JOSHUA AND HIS SUCCESSORS.
By W. H. GROSER, B.Sc. (LOND.).
NOTES FOR LESSONS ON THE GOSPEL HISTORY.
By Rev. S. G. GREEN, D.D. Cloth boards, marbled edges, 5s.
A TEACHER'S COMMENTARY ON THE GOSPEL
OF MARK. BY REV. R. GLOVER. Demy 8vo, cloth boards, red edges, 4s. 6d. ANECDOTES ON BIBLE TEXTS:
GOSPEL OF ST. JOHN. GOSPEL OF ST. MATTHEW. BY J. L. NYE. Author of Anecdotes on Bible Texts--Acts, Romans.
Cloth boards, ls. each volume.
London : SUNDAY SCHOOL UNION, 56, Old Bailey, E.C.
OUTLINE LESSONS for JUNIOR CLASSES,
LIFE OF OUR LORD.
BY ANNIE B.
Should be in the hands of every Infant Class Teacher. “A hundred and sixteen lessons, occupying, on the average, two pages each, by a lady whose work in the Sunday School Teacher' and elsewhere has been most helpful to teachers. These lessons, which cover the life and ministry of our Lord, although brief, are full and suggestive, and if teachers will use them rightly, the help afforded them will be great, and their profiting will be known unto many."-Literary World.
Infant Class Management:
A MANUAL FOR INFANT CLASS TEACHERS. With Hints on the Preparation of Lessons. By Mrs. LEWIS (Miss RYDER), (Late of Stockwell Training College).
Post 8vo, price 2s.
Collection and Use of Illustrations.
Fcap 8vo, Limp Cloth, 6d.
THE BLACKBOARD IN THE SUNDAY SCHOOL :
A Plea for its Adoption by Teachers and Superintendents.
BY BENJAMIN CLARKE. With Specimen Lessons for the Class, the Desk, and separate
Services, by various Teachers.
ALSO, INSTRUCTIONS AS TO THE SIMPLE AND ARTISTIC USE OF THE CHALK.
By FRANK BEARD. Paper Covers, Is. 6.; Cloth Boards, 2s. “There are many useful hints for the guidance of young teachers in the way of making their lessons at once simple and effective.”-School Newspaper.
LONDON: SUNDAY SCHOOL UNION, 56, OLD BAILEY, E.C.
SELECTED FROM THE SUNDAY SCHOOL UNION
LIST OF SCRIPTURE LESSONS.
The Lessons for the Afternoon form the International Series,
which are now used simultancously in America, on the Con-
56, OLD BAILEY, E.C.