« ÎnapoiContinuați »
COMFORT IN AFFLICTION:
THE HOLY SCRIPTURES.
AND 65, ST. PAUL'S CHURCHYARD ;
AND BY THE BOOKSELLERS.
COMFORT IN AFFLICTION,
DERIVED FROM THE
1. Thou God seest me.
GEN. xvi. 13.
2. Is any thing too hard for the Lord ?
GEN. xviii. 14.
3. Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
GEN. xviii. 25.
4. And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt.
GEN. xix. 29.
5. God hath seen mine affliction.
GEN. xxxi. 42.
6. Let us arise, and go up to Bethel ; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.
GEN. Xxxv. 3.
7. And Joseph's master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king's prisoners were bound : and he was there in the prison. But the Lord was with Joseph, and showed him mercy,
him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
GEN. xxxix. 20, 21.
8. God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction. . GEN. xli. 52.
9. Ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good.
GEN. 1. 20.
10. The more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew.
Exod. i. 12.
11. And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt,
and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians.
EXOD. iii. 7, 8.
12. I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
Exod. vi. 5.
13. How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before me?
EXOD. x. 3.
14. I am the Lord that healeth thee.
Exod. xv. 26.
15. Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry. Exod. xxii. 22, 23.
16. If thou at all take thy neighbour's raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it unto him by that the sun goeth down : for that is his covering only, it is his raiment for his