« ÎnapoiContinuă »
1. Discuss fully the relation of fungi to forest growth.
2. Describe the conical type of herb and tree, noting the position and arrangement of the leaves and branches, and the advantages of this type in connection with light, wind, and snow.
3. Indicate the effects of our annual cold season on the habits and structures of (1) annuals, (2) biennials, (3) perennials.
4. Discuss a sphagnum moor as to structure, plant inhabitants, their modifications, and the reasons for these.
5. Compare carefully Schimper's vegetation types with those of Warming.
6. Define xerophytic conditions, and describe the plans, habits, and modifications by which plants survive in these conditions.
7. Compare north and south plant migration with east and west migration in North America, noting the limiting factors in each case.
1. Identify the submitted mosses.
2. Mention the anatomical modification illustrated by the sections submitted, and indicate its purpose.